Let us explore the issues of identity and transformation, in a celebrated the place of the pan, an instrument of spirit and transformation at so many levels. In the morning, we adventure into the rituals of preparation that welcome the new arrival from the spirit world to flesh across belief systems. In this journey, we are reminded of the value of our traditions, the beliefs of our elders and their relevance in the now.
In the afternoon, we traverse a range of rituals that possess possibilities of readying our adolescents for adulthood.These range from Raksha Bandhan to bois kalenda. The young pannists of Renegades, rooted and purposed, climax the day’s ritual offerings.
$150TTD (US$25) per person
$200TTD (US$30) per person (with transport)
Click here to register
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]The Convois will feature expert practitioners, interactive demonstrations, heritage exhibitions, innovative technologies, inter-disciplinary dialogue, Caribbean marketplace, performances, languages and spirituality.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Please agree to our Consent Agreement before confirming registration, as many of the proceedings may be recorded, including participant speakers.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Group transport is available on request, so please indicate if you require this as you register your place.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- PAYMENTMake cheques out to:Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies 91 Tunapuna Road, Trinidad & Tobago (Tel: 663-5463)or deposit to:Republic Bank Account #350128794201
- Payment instructions will be emailed to you once you submit your registration details.
- The deadline for payment is March 17th, 2017 to secure your place at the Convois.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Rites of Passage