We will explore the languages which have been available to Caribbean societies through time. The primary foci will be placed on personal experiences of the languages as the levels and individual and group consciousness of the languages and how each marks the experiences and world view. The day will commence with an introductory exhibition of audio, audio-visual and pictorial memorabilia artefacts, craft and stimuli of the various types showing language exposure- names, food, flora and fauna, kinship and other social relationships, religious practices.
After lunch, participants will be encouraged to explore a selection of specific languages in smaller group sessions. Personal narratives and interests and involvement will be explored in order to provide a deeper understanding of the individual language experiences and of their roles in further understanding of self.
The market on this day will provide options to experience aspects of Caribbean experience using the original names from the various language communities.
$150TTD (US$25) per person
$200TTD (US$30) per person (with transport)
Click here to register
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]The Convois will feature expert practitioners, interactive demonstrations, heritage exhibitions, innovative technologies, inter-disciplinary dialogue, Caribbean marketplace, performances, languages and spirituality.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]Please agree to our Consent Agreement before confirming registration, as many of the proceedings may be recorded, including participant speakers.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Group transport is available on request, so please indicate if you require this as you register your place.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- PAYMENTMake cheques out to:Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies 91 Tunapuna Road, Trinidad & Tobago (Tel: 663-5463)or deposit to:Republic Bank Account #350128794201
- Payment instructions will be emailed to you once you submit your registration details.
- The deadline for payment is March 17th, 2017 to secure your place at the Convois.